|View of the façade at The Dancing House in Prague|
|Detailed view of the façade components and the supporting steel frame|
The construction started in 1994 and the house was finished in 1996.
The building reflects a woman and man, Ginger Rogers and Fred Astair, dancing together.
Observing the façade, it is noticed the following details with regard to the façade:
- It is a simple trasparent skin in front of the inner façade.
- The system façade is a point supported glass fixing.
- The façade is facetted.
- The glass composition are supposed to be toughened due to the drills in the glass panes.
- There are four bolds supporting every panel of glass.
- The joints are opened.
- The brackets of the supporting steel frame are fixed onto the building structure.The vertical profiles are T sections connected between them through hollow profile sections.
- The façade supporting steel frame looks like a sailing structure.