- Be able to imagine every component of façade, such as anchorage, structure, fillings and final elements. It is essential to be able to construct the whole façade in your mind before doing any sketch.
- Every design should be feasible to be installed on site. It does´t make any sense design something if it is not possible to be assembled in a construction site.
- A general understanding of the concepts in relation to energy consumption, light performances,f ire requirements, thermal insulation and acoustics.
- Sketching is essential as a way of efficient communication between engineer and architect.
- Be capable to understand the methodology of how to calculate a bracket, the inertia of any material section and supported beams.
- An engineer should provide the best technical solution at the optimal cost. You can not design something if you don’t know how much does it cost.
- Good communication skills.
|Facade engineers should get used to be on a site. The construction site is where the practical approach makes the most of the technical skills.|